It's Sunday night and Audrey and I are at school preparing for the upcoming week and planning more lessons.
We had such a great Friday night/Saturday that it wore us out and we haven’t gotten too much work done today...
We had such a great Friday night/Saturday that it wore us out and we haven’t gotten too much work done today...
Natalie also joined us today :)
Friday after school Audrey and I headed home for a few hours. We had a snack and colored a bit with our host siblings and one of their friends. They were a bit sad that we were leaving again so soon, but we had to get back to the school for another awesome sleepover with the other teachers at our school. When we got there we ordered a pizza, put on our pjs, played games and hunkered down for the night!
We thought we got enough to save some from breakfast.. Nope.
Mindy, Natalie, and Audrey. Lovely picture :)
Jennii and Mindy
The next morning we slept in until about 10am. The plan was to find Souvenir Street and do a little shopping, but we ended up not leaving the school until around 1pm and then we got lost. Of course. We walked around downtown Kiev for a bit and actually ran into another ILP group headed in a different direction and they pointed us the right way. Turns out we were going the completely wrong way.
Sweet artwork on the side of a building.
A cute fountain that will be turned on in Spring (we hope).
You can't really tell in these pictures, but the top of this building is a very bright teal and the building itself is bright blue. Very pretty.
We finally found souvenirs! This whole street was lined with little tables filled to the brim with awesome little trinkets for cheap. Let me know what you guys want!
We finally made it to the souvenirs, but we had like 10 minutes so we quickly bought the first things we saw and knew we wanted. Those things happened to be…
HATS!
Mindy and Jennii.
Audrey :)
We found these for about $20! I don't have a very flattering picture of mine yet, but I'll get one soon for you guys. Four of us ended up buying one before we had to run off to our final destination of the day: cooking class! One of our coordinators, Tanya, taught us how to make borscht. It was super easy and we will all have a copy of the recipe to bring back. Anyone up for hot soup in June? We'll add some ice cubes.
The process.
Natalie and Audrey
Tanya
our "stove"
I was sitting right next to it and smelt delicious!
Enjoying our meal! Igor is Tanya's husband and always good for a laugh!
And that was our weekend! We went home after cooking and I ended up falling asleep at 5pm and Audrey around 7. I slept on and off until 10 and Audrey slept right through the night. At one point heard her speaking Russian in her sleep! It was soo funny. I wish I knew Russian so I could tell her what she said! Hahahah, I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment