Anyway, after about 20 minutes of her showing us her nail polish and new make-up kit, her 10 year old brother joined us (after walking back and forth past our door 50 times watching us) and we ended up playing hide and seek in our tiny room. Our host sister, Masha, is hilarious to play hide and seek with. At one point it was Misha's, our host brother, turn to look for her and she was kind of in an awkward hiding place so she yelled out, "Make it quick!" and Audrey and I were cracking up the whole time. At another time, Audrey and I were stuffed in the closet and they were looking for us and as they walked closer Audrey whispered, "It's just clothes in here.." in Russian to them. SO HILARIOUS.
Having a lot of crap makes for good hiding places, I guess. We played for about an hour and then started coloring in Audrey's coloring books (hahaha). By the time I colored in 3 full pages, it was well past 9pm and we were exhausted. "We" as in Audrey and I, the kids were still full of energy and we had to tell them like five times that we were going to bed.
We're really happy with this new turn of events. The kids make it a lot less awkward to practice Russian with, even though our host mom keeps telling us to speak English with them. Hopefully they stay interested in us for a while longer :)
Masha (blonde), Misha, and their friend camped out on our floor coloring
Very Good! I like this mom
ReplyDeleteYou tell great stories Kenzie! I love reading your blog! You make me laugh and I really enjoy your adventures.
ReplyDeleteJess